Combo: Dhankri Pahari Potato 4 KG + Red Rice 2 KG + Rajma 3 KG
Combo: Dhankri Pahari Potato 4 KG + Red Rice 2 KG + Rajma 3 KG
Dhankri Aloo, is a heirloom variety of potatoes organically grown in remote mountainous areas of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Potato Quantity: 4 KG; roughly 50% in big size 4-6 inch, rest in smaller sizes
*** Please note, potatoes are a low-value product. So, to make shipping it feasible, we are offering it in combination with other higher-value produce and products ***
This is an extremely rare and endangered variety of the tuber as its cultivation has almost become extinct in India. It has taken us a year of convincing local farmers to grow enough of this potato to bring it on sale.
The history of the Dhankri Aloo is extremely fascinating. The tuber being planted even today in our mountains dates back in its origins to the year 1890!
The Dhankri Aloo is originally from England. It is a variety of potato called Magnum Bonum (Solanum tuberosum L.), which came to India aboard ships of the East India Company. This is a variety of potato which was developed by a British horticulturist, James Clark, in 1869. That was a time when Clark noticed that this potato has survived the Great Blight that destroyed potato crops across England and Ireland since 1845. He nurtured this variety and it soon became incredibly popular as it revived potato cultivation. It is a hardy variety that is resistant to diseases and is tolerant of climactic variations, so it ended up travelling the oceans to India!
Farmers in the Indian himalayas were given this potato and they loved it! It quickly became the most cultivated variety in the Indian himalayas for the next century. The only drawback with this variety is that its yield is marginal compared to modern hybrid potatoes. So, from late 1980s cultivation of Dhankri aloo started declining.
Today it is primarily grown by farmers for household consumption during winter festivals. Farmers dig pits in mud and store the fresh harvested potatoes in the cold soil. It is then boiled in mud stoves over charcoal and steaming hot tubers are eaten with various mountain flavoured salts in winter.
Dhankri pahadi aloo is very rich and intense in taste. It is best enjoyed with its tender peel. For best taste steam potatoes without immersing in water or wrap in aluminum foil to bake in an oven.
Dhankri pahadi aloo also has a very low glycemic index, so it can be consumed by diabetics. It is also rich in protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B3, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and selenium.
These potatoes are grown completely organically without use of any chemical fertilizer or insecticides or pesticides.
Organic Chad Dhan Red Rice - 2 KG
Rice and Rajma packed in vaccum packs with 12-month shelf life if unopened.
Delivery Pincodes: 49 major cities, including most state capitals, for a total of almost 2000+ pincodes in India. Use the pincode checker. Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshwadeep, NE India & Ladakh not covered. We can deliver to Guwahati City and other cities in NE India with airports by air shipping but only after manual verification of pincode. Contact Customer Support immediately if you feel your pincode can be serviced, we will try to manually review all cases and assist.
Farm Locations: Village Kotgaon & Village Satta
Orchard Altitudes: 5,500 to 6,500 ft AMSL
Estimated Date Of Harvest: 21/09/2022
Projected Date Of Shipping: 22/09/2022
Typical Shipping Duration:
Blue Dart Surface - 4-8 Days Based On Location | No Order Insurance
Sometimes, inventory issues can lead to a customer's order being shifted to another shipping date, customers will be informed by email and are requested to bear with the delay, as logistics of fresh produce can be unpredictable. There will never be any extra cost imposed on a customer due to these above reasons.
GST 5% Included
Shipping: Cost included & as chosen by customer
Tracking: Via email & SMS
Delivery Quality: Read Damage Policy - Fruits - IMPORTANT
Wash fresh fruits in cool running tap water as soon as received. You can also dip them in a bucket of cool tap water for 5-10 mins. Dry the fruits nicely with a towel and refrigerate them.
Important: Shipping Terms
Important: Shipping Terms
W.E.F July 1, 2022
Though we try our very best, to ensure that your fresh fruits reach you safe, there is a possibility that due to factors beyond our control, fruits could be damaged during transportation to the customer. Please understand that in transport of perishable commodities, there is a certain percentage of goods that will get damaged. It is an unhappy experience when that happens, and we try our best to rectify.
Important General Conditions:
1. Customer is solely responsible for entering correct email ID, address, Pincode and contact mobile number for shipping purpose at the time of placing an order on this website. Customers are urged to check these details carefully, especially if using 'auto-fill' in your device. Our company offers no guarantee that details entered by customer can be corrected before order is shipped. If an order is delayed, damaged or lost due to input of incorrect shipping details by customer, no damage policy will be applicable and there will be no refund or replacement or any kind of compensation from our company.
2. Customer has to be available to receive order at time intimated by courier agency. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that their computer or mobile phones are able to receive SMS, email and phone call alerts to facilitate order delivery.
3. If a delivery attempt fails with comment 'customer unavailable or not answering or refused delivery attempt' by courier agency, customer is responsible and no damage policy will be applicable and there will be no refund or replacement or any kind of compensation from our company. Customer will be solely responsible for delay, damage or loss of goods in this scenario. In case of dispute, the acknowledgement by courier agency will be accepted as final.
4. At the time of placing order, every fruit will have an 'Expected Shipping Date' mentioned. It is not possible for our company to shift an order to another shipping date.
5. If customer is going to be unavailable to receive shipped order for any reason, it is customer's responsibility to make alternative arrangements to receive order, for example, ask a friend/neighbor/gate security to collect. Customer has to coordinate alternative arrangements directly with delivery agent of courier agency. Refer to Pt 2. Our company will not be responsible for delayed, damaged or lost order if customer fails to make alternative arrangements and no damage policy will be applicable and there will be no refund or replacement or any kind of compensation from our company.
6. Under no circumstances 'PINCODE' of an address can be changed by customer after order has been shipped.
7. It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect thoroughly the exterior of all order packages at the time of delivery and record any evidence of damage with clear photo and video with delivery agent visible. (See further conditions by courier agency type below). If a customer doesn't follow this, no claim of damages will be accepted by our company.
8. Customer has to inform us in writing of any damage (or return due to damage) within 1 hour of receiving order with supporting evidence in the form of clear video and photos on our Customer Support Channel. Delivery time is always as given by our Shipping Agency. As per support policy listed at https://www.tonsvalleyapples.com/pages/support, message on any other channel other than our official Customer Support Channel will not be acknowledged or responded to, and will be considered invalid.Below is our policy by courier type in case of receipt of damaged fruit:
Blue Dart Air:
- Customer has to inspect fruit box at the time of delivery in the presence of the delivery agent and record any damage on the box (eg. severely dented or a crushed box) with photo and video with the delivery agent visible. If a box is completely wet, it is damaged by courier and compensation can be claimed. Customer has to refuse delivery in all such scenarios by clearly writing 'Order Damaged By Courier' boldly on the box and delivery challan, and sign with full name, date, time and place, and return order to delivery agent. Please record this evidence of returning order package in photo and video. Once such evidence is received and accepted as 'Clear & Valid' by our company, we will issue an immediate full refund of the order. Decisions in this scenario is at sole discretion of our company.
- If an order is 'lost' by courier agency, there is a full refund available and it is usually processed in 7-11 days. As soon as 'lost status' is acknowledged and accepted by courier company, to avoid inconvenience to customer, our company will endeavor to process the refund as fast as possible from our own funds.
- In this courier agency, compensation is applicable in case order delivery is delayed due to 'operational reasons'. Compensation is limited to refund of cost of shipping.
- If a customer finds that fruits are damaged or spoilt upon opening package, it is the responsibility of customer to fully document damage using clear photo and video and share with our company Customer Support Channel. Customer will be refunded for damages on a 'cost per fruit' basis after number of damaged fruit has been counted and verified. All refunds will be processed by our company within 14 working days of acceptance.
Blue Dart Surface:
- There is no damage policy applicable for any product from our company if customer has chosen 'Blue Dart Surface' as courier while placing order.
- If an order placed with shipping option 'Blue Dart Surface' is damaged or lost, any compensation is at sole discretion of the courier agency.
- Customer has to inspect fruit box at the time of delivery in the presence of the delivery agent and record any damage on the box (eg. dented or a crushed box) with photo and video with the delivery agent visible. If a box is completely wet, it is damaged by courier and compensation can be claimed. Customer has to refuse delivery in all such scenarios by clearly writing 'Order Damaged By Courier' boldly on the box and delivery challan, and sign with full name, date, time and place, and return order to delivery agent. Please record this evidence of returning order package in photo and video.
- After customer shares clear evidence of refusal to accept damaged order, our company will place a damage claim with courier agency and customer has to file a similar complaint directly with courier agency at same time. Damage claims typically take 14-28 days to be processed by courier agency. Our company offers no guarantee that a claim will be successful. If a claim is successful and we receive a full/partial refund of invoice value and shipping cost, it will be forwarded in full to customer. If a claim is unsuccessful, our company cannot take the case further, decision of courier agency is final in such cases. It is upto customer to pursue legal redress directly against courier agency, our company will only share full data of the order shipment as it is in our panel to customer.
- If an order is 'lost' by courier agency, there is a full refund available and it is usually processed in 14-28 days. As soon as 'lost status' is acknowledged and accepted by courier company, to avoid inconvenience to customer, our company will endeavor to process the refund as fast as possible from our own funds.
- 'Blue Dart Surface' courier agency does not offer any compensation if an order is delayed due to 'Operational Constraints'. If an order is spoilt or damaged due to this, unfortunately, our company cannot process any claim.
- Our company is not responsible for any spoilage of fresh fruits due to any environmental condition during transport by 'Blue Dart Surface' courier agency. If an order is spoilt or damaged due to this, unfortunately, our company cannot process any claim.
- Surface courier is cheaper but not a recommended option for perishable commodities. Customers are urged to use the safer and quicker air shipping option.
BUDGET WHOLESALE 30KG & 15KG APPLE BOX: Damage or loss claims for this box are not accepted. We take no responsibility for this box after it is shipped.
CHARITABLE DONATION 25KG APPLE BOX: Damage or loss claims for this box are not accepted. We take no responsibility for this box after it is shipped.
The decision by the management of Tons Trails Private Limited will be final on any customer complaint. The company reserves the right to change the terms mentioned here at any time without notice.
All disputes are subject to judicial jurisdiction of the state of Uttarakhand, India.
Date: July 1, 2022